Patio umbrellas are essential for businesses that want to provide comfortable outdoor environments. From waterparks to cafes, and even hotels and resorts, it’s possible to find reliable solutions that will provide years of trouble-free use.
If you are looking for new commercial patio umbrellas, you’ll need to keep some key features and design elements in mind. Learn what to look for when you’re in the market for shade products.
Your Guide to Buying Commercial Outdoor Umbrellas
Start with this simple checklist and you’ll know exactly how to evaluate commercial patio umbrellas for sale.
- Fabric is important. The best umbrellas are available with UV shade cloth and woven acrylic tops. High-quality materials ensure that your guests get complete protection from the sun.
- Hardware should be a key consideration. Consumer-grade umbrellas typically use aluminum hardware, which is ideal for residential use. However, when purchasing umbrellas for your business, you should insist on products that use high-quality stainless steel. This material is stronger and will last longer under demanding conditions.
- Longevity matters. How long do you expect your umbrellas to last? Choosing a heavy-duty patio umbrella will save you money over time. Commercial outdoor umbrellas from Anchor Industries can last for up to five years longer than smaller alternatives.
- Look for a wind rating. In open areas, wind gusts could cause damage to inferior umbrellas. Collapsible umbrellas from Anchor can withstand wind gusts of 90 mph for up to three seconds. They’re fully compliant with the ACSE (American Society of Civil Engineers) 7-02 standard.
- Look for a serviceable product. Some low-quality outdoor umbrellas use parts that are not designed to be replaced. Do you really want to buy a product that you won’t be able to repair in the future? Look for commercial umbrellas that can be maintained with readily available replacement parts.
- Price matters. The best commercial outdoor umbrellas may cost a little more than entry-level alternatives, but when you choose a company like Anchor Industries, you will still enjoy competitive pricing. Because high-quality umbrellas can last longer, you’ll actually get a better return on your investment.
- Color options let you customize and complement your branding. When comparing different umbrellas, it makes sense to go with an option that allows for extensive color and pattern customization. This will allow you to create outdoor areas that match your brand image.
Consider How You Will Use Your New Umbrellas
All commercial outdoor umbrellas share similar functional benefits, but they can vary significantly in terms of aesthetics. The perfect commercial patio umbrella for your business will depend on what you do and the look that you want to put across.
- Commercial umbrellas for waterparks are designed to resist chemicals and all-day sun exposure. The hardware will be made to last for years of trouble-free use, and the umbrella will be serviceable, allowing you to get the longest return on your investment. An umbrella used in a waterpark will also need to be large enough to shelter families and groups, with a top canopy between 12 and 20 feet. Anchor Industries offers the ideal solution in the form of the FUNbrella® Classic retractable commercial umbrella.
- For shade alongside the pool at a hotel or resort, a high-end aesthetic is needed. If you are looking to create beautiful outdoor spaces, you could look for an umbrella that has a sharp-peaked top and classic frame design. For resort usage, you’ll need a sturdy solution that meets structural codes, so a non-retractable design would be ideal. Consider the FUNbrella® Palm commercial umbrella for hotels and resorts.
- You could look for something with more of a modern design when you need shade at public spaces like sports parks, kids’ playgrounds or community pools, etc. The FUNbrella® Shark is one of the top recommendations for both large and small scale installations.
Find the Best Commercial Patio Umbrella Solutions at Anchor Industries
You know what to look for and have seen some of the commercial solutions on the market today. Anchor Industries develops high-grade umbrellas that are durable and easy to maintain. Contact Anchor today and work with our experienced support staff who can assist you through the ordering process.