Join a market leader that manufacturer’s tents, large fabric structures, safety pool covers, and awnings that are distinguished in the marketplace. Anchor Industries Inc. believes in providing quality engineered products for our valued customers. Visit our web site at: www.anchorinc.com to learn more about our 127 year history of success at our Evansville, Indiana location and see how you can grow your career.
Job Purpose: Develop and implement optimal, cost-effective engineering designs to allow manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specs and quality standards. Recommend and implement improvements to processes, methods and controls. Coordinate manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and create detailed drawings of existing and new products with AutoDesk Inventor Solid Modeling software and/or AutoCAD and other software tools.
- Organize and coordinate part numbers and descriptions for product parts and assemblies.
- Coordinate with Sales, Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Purchasing on the manufacturing of products to ensure designs effectively utilize resources (labor/machinery).
- Evaluate and make changes on product specifications to minimize cost of labor and materials.
- Revise and make specification changes as approved and directed.
- Assist Sales, Production and Manufacturing Engineering in interpretation of product design and problem solving.
- Develop specifications for all products.
- Develop/create cutting patterns for more complicated products utilizing AutoCad, MPanel and/or other software.
- Coordinate/manage changes to the pool cover program and interpret those changes.
Technical degree in engineering or related field. Minimum one (1) year of specific work experience. AutoCAD or similar software experience/proficiency.
Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret policies, documents and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and co-workers. Skill and ability to meet people and listen. Good communication skills are mandatory.
Mathematical Skills: Advanced mathematical skills and knowledge.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.